...behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. -John 4:35

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yellow, Red and Black and White....


Well hello again.

There are sounds of children everywhere now..well not right now, crickets actually...but most of the day you see and hear children of all color and different dialects. Belgian, Ethiopian, Japanese, French, Canadian, Israeli... the list goes on and on where these kids are all from. I love it actually and feel so priveledge to be apart of their lives.

It is providential that I am here. Long ago when I was a tween, a "prophetic" woman from my church said she saw me standing in front of different color children. Later on, another similar prophetic word was given over me that I was going to be teaching in front of children from all over the world! So there you have it, now at age 32 I am finally living out that call that was spoken over my life at a young age. I would have never thought it. I fought it for years. But God has a way of reaching our hearts when we are ready and He is so good at it that we think we thought of it all along! But the jokes on us, eh? He never forces us. He is so patient and it amazes me. But what seems like an eternity of waiting is nothing but a blink for Him.

So I pray that as I begin this school year at Rosslyn Academy "...that I walk worthy of the vocation where I am called" (Eph. 4:1). I don't take it for granted that I have a very important job to do. Not just to teach these kids how to speak English or read, but more importantly, to teach them the love of Christ - to BE the love of Christ. I pray that it is not my words that penetrate their hearts, but my actions. Christ dwells in us and it is Christ who must shine forth.

God's peace and love to everyone of you!